Student Handbook

We are currently finalizing the handbook. Please note that some sections are still being updated, and you might experience changes on the page.

Introduction to the SUFONAMA Student Handbook

Welcome to the SUFONAMA Student Handbook – your trusted companion through your SUFONAMA studies.

This handbook aims to give you an overview of the most important issues as you move further along in your SUFONAMA studies.

In some sections you’ll find extensive descriptions of the topics, while in others you’ll find less information. You may not find all the answers to your questions in the handbook, but you’ll find references to where you can find more information on the topic – or who to contact about it.

The handbook is built in a chronological order, so topics that will be relevant for you before you start your studies will be in the beginning – and the topics that will be relevant for you when you graduate will be at the very end. Sometimes you may have to shuffle back in the handbook to refresh your knowledge on a given topic.

We hope you find it useful.

Please feel free to reach out to us on, if you have suggestions on how to improve the handbook.

As a SUFONAMA student, it can sometimes be confusing as to who to contact about different study related issues, as you move from university to university during your study period.

The rule of thumb is, that you must contact the university where the study related issue is located.

  • University of Copenhagen
  • Bangor University
  • University of Göttingen
  • University of Padua
  • Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences

Administrative Contact

Academic Contact


Signe Peluffo Svendsen

Erasmus Mundus specific issues such as scholarship, insurance, mobility and more

Niels Strange

Niels Strange

Student services, course and exam registration, study and career guidance, special support and more

Administrative Contact

Academic Contact

Manman Jones


Nicola Wallis


Administrative Contact

Academic Contact


Carola Paul

Administrative Contact

Academic Contact

Elisa Zambon

Student services, visa, residence permit, accommodation, enrolment

Lorenzo Picco

Susanne Kloehn

Credit transfer, studying, Campus life, graduation

Agata Mannino

Projects officer at the Department

Elisabetta Zanaga

Projects officer at the Department

Administrative Contact

Academic Contact

Louise Tetting

Per-Ola Hedwall


Before Beginning Your Studies

Introduction to SUFONAMA

SUFONAMA is a joint study programme which awards a double degree, fully recognized in all the participating countries, upon graduation. To obtain the SUFONAMA double degree, you must

  • obtain 60 ECTS from two different SUFONAMA universities, totalling 120 ECTS
  • transfer all credits to both your first- and second-year university

You will start your studies at the University of Copenhagen (UCPH) together with all other SUFONAMA students.

For the second year of studies, you and the other SUFONAMA students will travel to your second-year university according to your chosen mobility track:

  • Bangor University (BU), United Kingdom
  • University of Göttingen (UGOE), Germany
  • University of Padua (Unipd), Italy
  • Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU), Sweden

You have been informed which second-year university you will go to in your letter with offer of admission to the programme. Your mobility track is binding and cannot be changed.

Getting a double degree means that you receive two national degrees – one degree from each university where you’ve completed 60 ECTS.

To graduate and obtain the double degree you must complete 120 ECTS in total (60 ECTS at two different SUFONAMA universities):

  • 60 ECTS at UCPH the first year of studies
  • 60 ECTS at your second-year university

To obtain a diploma from both two universities you’ve attended, you need to transfer credits from

1. UCPH > your second-year university

2. your second-year university > UCPH

You’ll need a certified transcript of records from each of the partner universities on your mobility track, which shows all the courses and grades, to start the process of a credit transfer. It is your own responsibility to get the transcript of records and to start the credit transfer.

In this handbook we will also explain, how you transfer credits.

The academic calendars and the time of your study start vary amongst the SUFONAMA universities.

Here you’ll find an approximate academic calendar for all SUFONAMA universities.

Your academic performance is evaluated with national grades at each university. The grades are related to the ECTS grading scale in the table below.  

Please note that no official conversion table exists. The table is constructed based on the practices of the involved universities, so this cannot be used as an official conversion table but an indication of conversion. 

Financial and Legal Matters

As an Erasmus Mundus Scholarship holder, you must be enrolled and a full-time student to be eligible for the scholarship. In case of interruption of enrolment, e.g. maternity leave, sick leave or similar absence, you must inform the SUFONAMA office at UCPH ( Your scholarship will then be stopped for your period of absence and started again upon your return to your studies.

The maximum duration of the scholarship is 24 months (33,600€ in total). If you extend your studies beyond 24 months, the scholarship cannot be extended.

Throughout your studies the SUFONAMA office at UCPH will transfer your monthly scholarship of 1400€ to your preferred bank account.

Your residential address is the determining factor in whether the scholarship instalment is transferred in DKK (Danish Kroner) or in Euros.

The scholarship is transferred in

  • DKK if your residential address is in Denmark
  • Euros if your residential address in any other country.

You are responsible for the charge of fees for the transfer if your account is in another currency.

The scholarship is always paid in advance for the forthcoming month and will be at your disposal on the last bank day of a given month. For example: the instalment for November is paid on the last bank day of October.

The last possible scholarship instalment will be available on the last bank day of July for the month of August of the second year of study.

The first instalment of the scholarship is prepaid for 3 months and to disposal no later than the end of September.

To receive the first instalment, you must

  • inform the SUFONAMA office of your preferred bank account 
  • show up in person at the Department of Food and Resource Economics – how to find us.

We will contact you in June before study start with further information on the process.

You must inform us of the bank account where you wish to receive the scholarship.

In June before study start, we will contact you and ask you to submit a bank form with the relevant information on your bank account for the first instalment.

For the rest of the first year in Copenhagen, you must assign and activate a NemKonto, to get your monthly allowance of the scholarship. We will contact you in July before study start with further information.

You can read about NemKonto here.

Before you move to the country of your second-year university we will contact you again and request information on which bank account you’ll use during your second year of studies. You must send us an updated bank form with your new address and tax identification number.

Maybe you can find the answer on the SUFONAMA scholarship page – otherwise contact

Students required to pay tuition fee will be contacted by the SUFONAMA office 2-4 weeks before the deadline for paying tuition fee. Tuition fee is collected for each semester of the programme.

The payment deadlines are:

  • 1st semester: 15 April
  • 2nd semester: 15 January
  • 3rd semester: 15 August
  • 4th semester: 15 January

Didn’t find what you were looking for?

Maybe you can find the answer on the SUFONAMA tuition fee page – otherwise contact

The Erasmus Mobility Grant is administered by UCPH. You can apply for the Erasmus Mobility Grant if you

  • weren’t awarded the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship
  • are going to University of Padua, University of Göttingen or Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences on your second year of studies.

You cannot apply for the grant if you are going to Bangor University on your second year, as the United Kingdom is no longer apart of the Erasmus Mobility Scheme.

You can read more about Erasmus Mobility Grant on UCPH Study Information.

How and when to apply

You apply for the Erasmus Mobility Grant through the application portal Mobility Online.

The deadline is 1 November at 12.00 (noon) CET.

Find a guide and Mobility Online on UCPH Study Information.

You’ll receive a preapproval of your second-year courses

UCPH will send you a preapproval of your second-year courses in February/March. You will need this document for your Learning Agreement.

SUFONAMA will provide you with insurance coverage for the two-year period of the programme in compliance with the Erasmus+ Requirements for Erasmus Mundus Joint Master’s.

You will be insured through Dr. Walter with PROTRIP-WORLD-PLUS, which includes health, liability and accident insurance. You are covered in all countries SUFONAMA is offered.

The insurance takes effect when you start your journey to the UCPH, but no earlier than two months before official study start on 1 September.

You will receive your Insurance Confirmation by July before study start.

Before starting your studies, we will send you a Student Agreement. The Student Agreement is an Erasmus Mundus specific contract between you and the programme. You must sign the Student Agreement and return it to

Please read the Student Agreement carefully before signing and returning it.

As a SUFONAMA student you can make use of the student services available at each partner university.

Before Arriving in Copenhagen (University of Copenhagen)

UCPH oversees the admission of all SUFONAMA students to the programme. As part of this process, you will be enrolled at UCPH, and you will stay enrolled at the university through your entire study period until you’ve graduated.

This means that you can make use of all services for UCPH-students when you are a SUFONAMA student – even when you are studying at your second-year university.

You can read about student life and services on UCPH Study Information.

From the end of May, you will receive information emails from The Faculty of Science (SCIENCE) at UCPH. In the first email, you will get an invitation to the online study start course How to MSc.

Amongst other topics, the course introduces you to

  • the university and your study programme
  • living and studying in Denmark – incl. visa and CPR-number, finding a place to stay and more
  • setting up your alumni email, student ID and WIFI and printing on campus
  • course registration, getting ready for your courses and exams

How to MSc is a great tool for you to prepare yourself for the move to Copenhagen and getting acquainted with SUFONAMA.

We encourage you to read How to MSc carefully and join the scheduled webinars.

Access How to MSc through your study start room ‘SUFONAMA 2024’ from Absalon.

Living in Copenhagen can be expensive, so it is important that you make a realistic budget. Many students in Copenhagen supplement their budget with a student job.

We’ve made a rough estimate of the expected living costs in the city, both with a lower budget and a higher budget. It might be possible to live in the city on a smaller budget than what we’ve estimated.

Other sources with info on living costs in Copenhagen

Copenhagen is the capital of Denmark, and life in the city is affected by that. It is a vibrant and cycle-friendly city with exciting career opportunities and a great student culture, with good job opportunities and endless cultural opportunities – and lastly it is a comfortable city to live in.

As a SUFONAMA student you’ll need to find accommodation in the city. This can be a challenge, especially in July, August and September.

You need to be patient when looking for accommodation and make a plan for your apartment/room hunting.

UCPH is collaborating with Housing Foundation, an independent organization that helps international students enrolled at the university with finding accommodation.

All questions to for Housing Foundation should be directed to

At UCPH, you must register for your compulsory, restricted elective and elective courses prior to showing up in class.

You can only register for courses in designated periods throughout the study year.

For courses in block 1 and 2 in the autumn semester, you must register from mid-May to end-May. For courses in block 3 and 4 in the spring semester, you must register from mid-November to end-November.

Even though you must register for courses at UCPH, it might be different at your second-year university.

Useful info about course registration at UCPH

It is your own responsibility to

  • make and pay for travel arrangements to Copenhagen
  • secure and pay for the needed visa/residence permits.

As an EU citizen, you must apply for a registration certificate after you arrive in Denmark, if you plan to stay in Denmark longer than 3 months.

As a non-EU citizen you must apply for and obtain a Danish residence permit before you enter Denmark.

SCIENCE will assist you in beginning the visa application to Denmark. You will be contacted in late May on your UCPH alumni email (KUmail) with more information.

We encourage you to begin the visa application process as soon as possible.

More info on visa/residence permits


During Your Studies

Studying at University of Copenhagen

Each SUFONAMA partner university oversees the local orientation and welcome days for new international students.

On your first year of studies at UCPH, SCIENCE organise the study start and Welcome Days for all new master’s students to the faculty.

The study start at SCIENCE consists of two parts:

  • an online study start running from the end of May through August
  • international Welcome Days on campus in the last week of August.

The online study start is your study start course How to MSc.

Apart from getting a lot of useful information in the course, you can also join webinars about certain topics from May to August.

Access How to MSc on through you study start room ‘SUFONAMA 2024’ on Absalon.

During the last week of August, the international Welcome Days take place for all new master’s students at the faculty.

During the welcome days you can expect

  • to meet your Head of Study and the other students from your study programme
  • an introduction to Danish educational culture, Danish culture and living in Denmark
  • social activities with other new international students from across the faculty

We encourage you to participate in the welcome days in August to get acquainted with the university and the other students.

Here you’ll find the most common topics on practical matters when you study at UCPH. The topics are not exhaustive, but they can give you an indication of where you can find more information.

The academic year at SCIENCE is divided into four blocks of 15 ECTS credits. A block consists of

  • 8 weeks of classes
  • 1 week of exams
  • 1 week with planned study break/reexams from the previous block

You can read about the academic year and holidays on UCPH Study Information.

During your first year on SUFONAMA, you will be studying at the Department of Food and Resource Economics – the department is a part of the Faculty of Science (SCIENCE) and is located at Frederiksberg Campus.

As a student at SCIENCE, you can make use of campus facilities available, join webinars and seminars hosted by SCIENCE Student Services on different relevant topics, like career, well-being and study techniques.

Read more about

You will get information on the Danish language course in How to MSc in module 2 – Living and studying in Denmark. You can also register for the language course in How to MSc.

Learning some Danish can be very helpful when you live in Denmark, as it will help you with the practicalities of everyday life and even if you consider applying for a student job or working in Denmark after graduation.

We encourage you to register for the language courses offered by UCPH.

In these sections you can read more about topics that relate to courses and teaching while you study at UCPH.

While you are studying at UCPH, you will experience different types of teaching. Amongst others you will experience:

  • lectures
  • theoretical exercises
  • classroom discussions
  • group work

You can always identify the teaching method for each course at UCPH when reading the course description.

Find your courses in the Course Catalogue.

Teaching in Denmark is characterised by an analytical approach. This means that you are expected to work independently, to discuss and form your own opinion on topics, as well as compare, analyse and critically assess information while you are studying at UCPH.

In How to MSc you will get a deeper introduction to Danish educational culture – we encourage you read the section to prepare for the ways of teaching at the UCPH.

None of the SUFONAMA partner universities tolerate plagiarism. It is a serious offence as the plagiarist takes credit for work that rightly belongs to someone else. In that sense it can be considered stealing.

If you plagiarise it can have serious consequences for your further studies.

It is important that you always refer in a clear and concise manner to the source you’ve used in your assignments. You can always reach out to your teacher or Head of Studies if you are unsure about how to cite sources correctly.

On UCPH Study Information you can read about

During your first year on SUFONAMA, your courses will be graded with the Danish 7-point grading scale.

To get a further explanation of the grading scale and assessment of exams at UCPH, please visit Study Information on Grades and assessment.

At UCPH it is custom to evaluate the courses you’ve taken after the end of each course. You will be contacted by email when it is time to evaluate the course.

Evaluating courses is a good way for you to let the course coordinator know about the quality of the course. All evaluations are anonymous.

The type of examination will vary from course to course during your first year of studies. All exams are regulated by the university.

In addition, you can always identify the examination type for each course at UCPH by reading the course description.

Find your courses in the Course Catalogue.

You can read more about examination and regulations on UCPH Study Information:

Preparing for your Second Year of Studies

Making Preparations for the Second Year

In the spring semester on your first year of studies, you can begin preparing for your second year of study. This is also when your second-year university will contact you regarding enrolment.

This section will take you through what you need to know about preparing for your second year of study before you leave UCPH and Copenhagen.

You need a certified transcript of records from UCPH and apply for a credit transfer at your second-year university.

We encourage you to order a certified transcript as soon as all your courses (60 ECTS) from UCPH have been graded – you will complete your last courses at UCPH by the end of June.

You must request a certified copy of your transcript from SCIENCE Student Services.

This is what you must do:

1. Go to the contact page of SCIENCE Student Services

2. Click the accordion ‘Order’

3. Click on ‘Order a grade transcript’

4. Fill in the form (make sure to choose the English version of the form in the upper right corner)

5. Your certified transcript will be sent to you when your request has been processed by the Study Administration.

Once you’ve received your certified transcript of records from UCPH, you must ensure that your credits are transferred to your second-year university.

Each university has different procedures for transferring credits. Below you can see how to transfer credits to each partner university.

As a SUFONAMA student, you must complete an online application to credit transfer. It will be processed with the other international students and you will receive the same communications and assistance as for other international students. You can upload your transcripts to the application system. You will also need to upload all other relevant documents for your admission to be processed.   

Your application is not being assessed for entry, but the site is a place to collate all your documentation and means you will receive guidance and support from our International Education Centre (IEC) staff.  

You can access the application portal here. 

You transfer your credits from University of Copenhagen to University of Göttingen by sending your certified transcript of records to sufonama@uni-goettingen.deYou can do this immediately after you’ve completed first year of study in Copenhagen or after the end of your second of study year in Göttingen. 

You must send your certified transcript of records from University of Copenhagen to to transfer credits from your first year of study to Unipd. 

Before the transfer of credits, you must insert a study plan for the Forest Science Master programme into your Uniweb account. You will receive instructions upon arrival to Unipd.  

All credits obtained at UCPH will be recognized by Unipd as a part of your master’s programme. The grades will be transferred following the SUFONAMA joint grading scale. The courses will be registered with the weighted medium grade of all first-year courses. 

When you’ve started your second year at SLU, you must apply for a credit transfer of your courses from UCPH.  

You can read about how to credit transfer at SLU here. 

Before you arrive in Bangor you must register with Bangor University.  

Registration is a two-stage process:  

  1. Online enrolment: you will receive an email link to register online in late August. At this time, you will confirm your module choice, accommodation arrangements etc.
  2. ID check: on arrival at Bangor, you will attend an ID checking session; please bring your passport and Bangor acceptance letter. On completion of the ID check, you will be able to collect your student ID card and your BRP (visa) card. 

You can read more on Welcome to Bangor University.

The cost of living in Bangor depends on your chosen accommodation and lifestyle.  

A broad estimate would be a minimum of £1,023 per month for a single student living in the Bangor area including accommodation. £1,023 is the UK government’s estimate for student living costs in the UK. 

You can read about living costs in Bangor here.

As a SUFONAMA student you will be guaranteed a place in university accommodation as all international students are guaranteed accommodation provided, they follow the conditions for guaranteed accommodation. 

You can read full terms and conditions for guaranteed accommodation here. 

You can read about Bangor University accommodation and how to apply here. 

You confirm your module choice during registration to the university, which includes selecting restricted elective courses.  

As SUFONAMA student at Bangor you will do 120 credits in total, which includes a 60-credit Master’s thesis. 

120 Bangor credits equal 60 ECTS credits. 

You must apply for a Student Route Visa before you travel to the UK both if you are a non-EU citizen and if you are an EU-citizen.  

If you are an EU, EEA or Switzerland citizen with UK pre-settled/settled status you do not need an additional visa.  

You can check if you need a visa to the UK here.

The details of the Student Route Visa are: 

  • It cannot be extended in the UK 
  • A TB test may be required for certain visa nationals 
  • It requires payment of an International Health Surcharge (IHS) to access UK healthcare 
  • Allows up to 20 hours of work in termtime only 
  • Can be applied for from either Copenhagen or your home country 
  • Bangor University will issue supporting paperwork (a Confirmation of Studies letter or CAS) 

You will receive a visa vignette (sticker) in your passport and will collect your BRP (visa card) in Bangor, either at Bangor Post Office or at the University. If you collect your BRP on BU campus, please specify ACL location code 2HE592. 

You can read about visas on the Bangor University website.

You will be enrolled in Göttingen during the first year of your SUFONAMA studies in Copenhagen. We will issue your admission letter for your study stay at University of Göttingen, once we have received the application and admission documents from University of Copenhagen. 

The admission letter contains further information about the enrollment process. You must accept the offer to study at University of Göttingen within two weeks by registering on the portal provided in the admissions letter. You will then receive an automated email from the university. You will also receive a separate letter which explains the SUFONAMA specific enrolment procedure.  

How each individual budgets their living costs depends on their personal needs and preferences. As Göttingen is a typical student town, the price level is comparatively low. The Göttingen Student’s Association, called “Studentenwerk”, provides a good and affordable basic infrastructure with numerous dormitories, cafeterias and dining facilities. Many of the cultural and sports facilities and public transport services also give student discounts and the "Semesterticket" allows further savings. 

To cover the cost of living in Göttingen, you currently need at least 850 to 950 € a month.  

You can read about finances during your studies in Göttingen here.

In Germany, students usually arrange their own accommodation. The options are  

  • the student dormitories of the Studentenwerk Göttingen  
  • private student dormitories 
  • a room in a shared flat 
  •  an individual flat  

Many international students live in student dorms. Most dorms are run by the Studentenwerk, an independent non-profit organisation closely collaborating with the university. The Studentenwerk offers a limited number of rooms for double degree and Erasmus Mundus students at the University of Göttingen.  

As a SUFONAMA student, you can apply directly for a room in a student dormitory with the Accommodation Service. You cannot apply for housing directly to the Studentenwerk.  

eCampus is the central access point for all online services of the university. In eCampus you can  

  • use most self-service functions  
  • the course catalogue 
  • course planning and registration in StudIP  
  • exam administration in FlexNow 

You will receive your access data for the eCampus portal when you apply for your student ID card. 

You can apply for a student ID card here.  

FlexNow is the electronic administration programme for examinations at the University of Göttingen. With your e-campus account, you will also get access to FlexNow. You will receive your access data for the eCampus portal when you apply for your student ID card. 

You must register in person at the Residents’ Registration Office (Einwohnermeldamt) within 14 days of your arrival to Göttingen. This is required by law. You will need to make an appointment to register. 

You can make you appointment online on the website of the City of Göttingen (in German). 

To register, you will need  

  1. a valid form of identification (such as your passport)  
  1. a confirmation of accommodation (Wohnungsgeberbestätigung).  


If you are living in a student residence hall run by Studentenwerk, the Wohnungsgeberbestätigung will be given to you by the residence hall administration.  

For all other types of rental accommodation, you will receive this document from the person renting the room to you. 

EU/EEA citizens: 

International students from EU/EEA countries do not need a visa nor a residence permit to stay in Göttingen for their studies. 

You must still register with the Residents’ Registration Office as described above. 

Non-EU/EEA citizens: 

International students from non-EU/EEA countries must apply for a residence permit no later than 90 days after entry in Germany. The application is submitted to the Immigration Office (Ausländerbehörde). 

You can read about visas and residence permit for international students here. 


You will be enrolled at the University of Padua (Unipd) before your arrival in Padua and you will stay enrolled throughout your entire study period, until you have graduated. 

The Mobility Unit (part of the Projects and Mobility Office of Unipd) will send you an email when it’s time to start organising your stay in Padua. In the email you will receive an “Information sheet” and the link to the section of our website where you can find all the info for double degree students that you need.  

You can read about procedure for incoming students of International Joint Programmes here. 

Please make sure to explore all the webpages dedicated to double degree students, including the sections dedicated to each stage of your mobility (Before, During, etc.), the UniverCity life section, and the list of Services available in the grey box at the bottom of each webpage. 

The Mobility Unit will take care of your registration and enrolment and will ask you to fill out an application form and submit  

  • your personal data  
  • the ID document/passport  
  • a headshot picture for your student card and  
  • the bachelor's degree complete transcripts and diploma (or graduation certificate). 

We’ve made a rough estimate of the expected living costs, and as you can see in the table below, you will need approximately €800-900 a month to cover living expenses in Padua. 

The Mobility Unit of the University of Padua has an agreement with the Regional Agency for the Right to University Education (ESU) and manages a limited number of reserved places for incoming students in the University residence halls. 

All SUFONAMA students (except Italian citizens resident in Italy) will receive an email from the Mobility Unit with an invitation to fill out an Accommodation Form to request a place in the dorms.  

Non-EU citizens applications will be favoured, and the places may not be sufficient to host all the incoming SUFONAMA students, nonetheless the Mobility Unit at Unipd will do all that is possible and will provide you with 

  • a complete and updated guide on private accommodation with links, tips and info on the types of rental contracts 
  • a support service based on the Tutor Buddy students.

You can read about accommodation for joint/double degrees here. 


We don’t have course registration at Unipd, but you will have to sign up for each course unit on our e-learning platform, Moodle, and you will have to create a study plan on our student platform Uniweb.  

You will receive detailed information about all this and how courses work at Unipd during our online Welcome Days in mid-September. 

You can read about course organisation and university life at Unipd in the UniverCity life section here.  


If you are a non-EU citizen¸ you will get a Danish residence permit. With that permit you can stay in Padua for 360 days maximum without needing to apply for an Italian permit.  

For stays longer than 360 days you can either  

  • get an Italian visa at the Italian Consulate in Copenhagen and then apply for an Italian permit  
  • or apply for an Italian permit directly with their Danish permit (this option may not be available)

We will give you the most updated info around 3 months before your arrival in Padua. 

If you are an EU citizen, you don’t need to do anything; you can stay in Padua without any type of registration for your SUFONAMA studies. 

As a SUFONAMA student at SLU, you will have the student status of an exchange student. This is important to keep in mind when reading different information given at for example the SLU website, as different rules and routines applies to different student categories. 

Sweden is a relatively expensive country. You need a minimum of SEK 9,450 per month to cover your living costs. Study in Sweden provides good information about the cost of living and the average student budget. 

Alnarp student housing offers approximately 200 different types of accommodation, most of which are in Alnarp. Accommodation includes shared student housing, the Greenhouse hall of residence in Malmö, and a small housing unit on the outskirts of Lomma.  

SLU mainly offer shared student housing, where students have a private room and share a kitchen and bathrooms with other residents. The size, standard, and price of these rooms vary. Some accommodation has been reserved by various departments, meaning that certain student groups, visiting research fellows and others are given priority.  

You can read more about SLU Student Housing here. 

Apply for housing through SLU  

You can apply for accommodation in Alnarp through SLU, as SLU offers student accommodation to exchange students depending on availability. You must apply for housing in time.  Please note, that you are not guaranteed housing. 

Questions regarding housing should be sent to 

You find the application form for student housing here. 

Before you can register for courses at SLU, you must be registered at SLU by applying to become an exchange student at the university. Below you can see the necessary steps to become an exchange student at SLU and how to register for courses. 

Step 1: The SUFONAMA administrative officer at SLU, will inform the SLU Mobility that you are coming to SLU for your second year of studies within the SUFONAMA program. The SLU Mobility Team will handle your application for exchange study at SLU. 
Step 2: Once the SLU Mobility team is informed, they will contact you with instructions on how to apply to SLU as an exchange student. You must fill in the online application for exchange studies, when you receive it. 
Step 3: After submitting your application for exchange, you will receive a link to apply for the courses. When you apply for courses, you must upload your Transcript of Records. Your transcript should include all courses you have taken at university-level. You must also upload a list of any courses NOT listed in your transcript, but which you will have passed by the time you start courses at SLU. 

You will receive an acceptance letter via email in May/beginning of June for studies at SLU the whole year, but you can only apply and be accepted for courses one semester at a time. You apply for courses for the Spring Semester in September/October. 

Getting to Alnarp Campus  

There are various ways to get to Alnarp Campus at SLU.  

By train 
The closest train station is in Åkarp, 2 km from Alnarp 
You can use Skånetrafiken to plan your trip (In Swedish only, use the translator in your browser). 

By bus 
You can use Skånetrafiken to plan your trip (In Swedish only, use the translator in your browser). 
From the airport 
From Kastrup/Copenhagen Airport - train to Malmö C. Change to Citybus 4 towards Segevång to Värnhem. Change to bus 139 mot Lomma and Campus Alnarp. 

Från Sturup/Malmö Airport - go by bus to Malmö C. Change to Citybus 4 towards Segevång to Värnhem. Change to bus 139 mot Lomma and Campus Alnarp. 
You can find a map of the campus here.
Visa/residence permits 

If you are a non-EU/EEA student and you study at SLU for more than 3 months you need a residence permit. It is your responsibility to ensure the needed permits. 

The residence permit for student visa is handled by the Swedish Migration Agency. The latest and most accurate rules and procedures for applying for a Swedish residence permit is always to be found by turning to the Swedish Migration Agency website.  

All questions regarding the residence permit must be addressed directly with the Swedish Migration Agency.

Studying at your Second-Year University

Bangor University arranges a variety of Welcome activities for new students. These include: 

  • Airport pick-up - you can book airport pick up here  
  • International Welcome Week – you will receive information by email 
  • University Welcome Week – you will receive information by email  

Welcome activities for international students start in w/c 16 September, School welcome starts w/c 23 September. 

Your academic school, the Student Union, Campus Life team amongst others will also organise a range of great activities so that you can settle in easily in Bangor. You will also meet your Personal Tutor (academic staff responsible for your welfare) and Peer Guide (student volunteer helper).  

You can find the Bangor University International Student Handbook here.

You can also read more on Welcome to Bangor University.

There is a holiday period over Christmas in December and another at Easter in spring of 2025. 

You can find the academic calendar here. 

Your course base is the ‘Thoday Building’ on Deiniol Road 

You can find a map of campus here. 

Bangor University offers many language courses, so if you want to learn another language, you can sign up for a language course.  

You can read about language courses here.

Once you have access to the Bangor University IT systems, you will be able to set up your own password.  

UserID and Password  

A UserID and password are required to access various online resources, such as 

  •  certain restricted areas of the student administration portal called ‘myBangor’ 
  • the Blackboard virtual learning environment  
  • the library catalogue  
  • and most other parts of the University’s computer systems.    

Blackboard is the University-supported virtual learning environment (VLE) which is used to support teaching on our full and part-time programmes.  Along with your Office365 account, Blackboard is the most important online system and can be accessed directly via the URL:

myBangor is the best place to start when accessing many of the online systems and resources available to you as a registered postgraduate student. It is a secure website where, amongst other things, you can 

  • see which modules you are registered for  
  • check your marks  
  • check your university financial account  
  • check and change your contact details  
  • check and change your emergency contact details  
  • and more   

You can access myBangor here. 

The following provides important links that can be used as “shortcuts”. This allows you to access many of the University computing resources you may wish to use, such as: 

Email (Office365)  

Using an online Microsoft exchange system, all Bangor email accounts are hosted along with an integrated calendar. You must use your Bangor email frequently.  

You can read about Officer365 here.  

You can access your university email and calendar here.    

You can find instruction on how to setup your mobile device (smartphone/tablet) to access Office365 here.   

IT Services  

You can find the IT services at BU here.  

Library Services  

You can find the Library Services here.  

IT Helpdesk  

As a student at Bangor University, you can contact the IT Helpdesk with any IT-related problems.  

You can find the helpdesk here or contact 

You can select the subject for the dissertation from a list of suggested topics or you can develop a topic yourself. However, the research project must be approved by us as being suitable and relevant to the MSc programme. The choice of dissertation topic is usually related to the specific interests of the individual. You will receive further information on the dissertation when relevant.    

Typically, a student would have 2-3 months for data collection from the field, laboratory or computer; and 1-2 months for data analysis. There would follow 1-2 months for writing-up, including correction of the first draft after the comments of the supervisor are received. The pass mark is 50%, 60% would be ‘good’ and 70% ‘excellent’.

A resource that you might find useful is the Study Skills Centre, which can help you understand  assignments, academic reading and writing. It also provides other helpful tips. 

  • University guidelines are that 10 credits are examined by one 3-hour examination, a 4000-word written text or 15–20-minute presentation, adjusted overall pro rata for modules of 20 credits, and for when multiple assessments are set. Where word limits or time limits are given, these reflect the maximum that module organisers expect – they are not a target. Sections that exceed the word limit will not be read and may be subject to penalties.
  • Sources of information should be listed clearly and cited in the text. Essays must not be based on material copied directly from other work.In all cases, written work should be structured logically and be divided into paragraphs with headings and sub-headings as appropriate. Tables and figures should be included only if they are of direct relevance and importance; and should be numbered and referred to in the text.  

For help with your writing skills, you can refer to resources available through the Study Skills Centre.

The most serious academic offence is plagiarism.  It is the equivalent of stealing someone’s work and fraudulently pretending that it is your own in order to gain higher marks than you deserve.  Copying, word for word, large sections of writing from any source (e.g. paper, book, web pages, other students’ work, etc.) without acknowledgement of the author or owner is plagiarism because it is wrongly claiming that ideas, models, new techniques etc. are your own.   

With modern technology this has become increasingly easy to do, but correspondingly increasingly easy to detect. Anyone who suspects that it is happening will act immediately.  This also applies to a situation where you have lent someone your work to help them, and they have substantially reproduced it without acknowledgement. 

Plagiarising someone else’s work is very different from the collaborative teamwork that helps you to develop ideas and is a shared learning activity. 

If unfair practice is detected for any assessed work organised by the School, including tests or examinations, the matter will be referred to the Director of Teaching.  They and their team will determine the appropriate course of action. 

If you are unclear as to what does or does not constitute plagiarism, you should seek advice from  

Bangor University uses categorical and percentage marking. As a guideline, the relationship between percentage and categorical marks is shown in the table opposite. At master's level, you must achieve a grade of C- (50%) or above in order to pass each module.

To be eligible for the award you must have:   

  • achieved an overall average of at least 50%   
  • passed at least 80 credits across taught modules with 50% - and no mark under 40% for those 40 credits where a pass mark has not been achieved 
  • passed all CORE modules with at least 50% - this includes the dissertation module  

The overall mark for a SUFONAMA graduate from Bangor will be calculated as the average of the mean mark for taught modules and the mark for the dissertation.   

To gain  

  • a Merit, you should achieve an average mark of not less than 60%.  
  • a Distinction, you should achieve an average mark of not less than 70%. 

You can find full detail in the University’s Regulations for Taught Postgraduate Programmes.  

The availability and use of AI has increased rapidly over the last year and will continue to do so. It is likely that your future careers will involve some element of AI. Therefore, we do not ban the use of AI to support your work at Bangor University, but we do expect students who choose to use AI to do so responsibly.  

The rules around plagiarism, for example, can easily be breached using this technology. You may find this ethical checklist for using AI a helpful guide. We expect that your work will be grounded in critical analysis, something which AI is (as yet) unable to do. The use of AI will be inappropriate for some assessments but may be suitable or even encouraged in others. Assessment instructions will detail what is and isn’t appropriate. If you are unsure, speak with your module organiser for further details. 

You may be asked to provide feedback on your course via myBangor. Dr Paul Cross will let you know when and how to provide this 

You can find full detail in the University’s Regulations for Taught Postgraduate Programmes. 

When can I expect to get feedback on written work that I have submitted? 

University regulations stipulate that summative assessment work should be marked and returned to students within 4 working weeks of submission. If you have not received your work back by then, contact the module organiser and the Teaching Office. 

The Faculty of Forest Sciences and Forest Ecology welcomes new students of the English-language Master's programmes with an orientation phase (“O-phase”) in the week before lectures begin. During the "O-Phase" you will get to know the faculty and receive all the information you need for a successful start to your studies. 

You can see an overview of our O-Phase here. 

Additionally, the International Office also offers new students with welcome events to prepare you for your studies in Göttingen and to get to know other students. The O-Phase provides you with an overview of the platforms you need to organise your studies, familiarise you with the university and the city of Göttingen. The International Office will show you around the campus and your faculty and even introduce you to some leisure activities. Registration is required for some offers. This can be done online.   

You can find an overview of Welcome events for new international students here.

Students who would like to be met at the train station when they arrive in Göttingen and accompanied by a fellow student to their flat in Göttingen can register for our Buddy Service. 

You can read about the Buddy (Pick-up) Service for international students here. 

There are many guides and offers to help you with the start of your studies.  

The academic year consists of a winter semester (01 October to 31 March) and a summer semester (01 April to 30 September). Within a semester, there is a lecture period followed by an examination period (mid-October to mid-February, mid-April to mid-July) and a lecture-free period dedicated to self-study and providing time for holidays. Many students work or do internships during the lecture-free period. 

The dates of lecture periods and important dates and deadlines vary from year to year. 

You can see the dates and deadlines here. 

You will be studying at the Faculty of Forest Sciences and Forest Ecology which is located in the North Campus of the university. Many students come by bike or take the city bus, which is included in your semester ticket.  

You can access a map of the university here. 

You can take German courses at the university free of charge. The courses are offered for all language levels. Before registering, you must take a placement test to find out which course level is suitable for you.  

You can read about the language courses for international students here. 

Göttingen is a student city with rich leisure opportunities. The city has three theatres, a symphony orchestra, and several cinemas. Popular annual events include the Night of Culture, the Jazz Festival, the International Literature Autumn and the European Film Festival. 

As a student at the University of Göttingen you will automatically have a culture ticket (Kulturticket) with your student ID. With the Kulturticket, you can get free or reduced admission to events at many cultural institutions in Göttingen. 

The master’s thesis is an essential part of scientific training. For this research work, you have in total 6 months to complete your  

  • data collection (about 3 months)  
  • analysis  
  • final report (thesis).  

You will be supervised by at least two professors or experienced scientists; one of them should be a member of the faculty of Forest Sciences and Forest Ecology. About 2 months before starting your thesis, you should start choosing your topic and supervisors.  

You can find possible thesis topics either on  

  • the websites of the departments 
  • published on black boards on campus  
  • by asking the professors directly.  

Your own suggestions for a topic can also be discussed with a supervisor.  

Read more: 

German study culture and university rules might be very different from what you have experienced so far in your home country, but may be similar to what you experienced during your first year of study in Copenhagen. In Germany, students are expected to organize studying and learning independently.  

This study culture gives a lot of freedom but requires some discipline, responsibility and initiative from the students. If any problem occurs, you can ask the professors, lecturers or the academic adviser. They will assist you in solving the problem. 

Academic integrity is a quality associated with high standards of teaching and learning, not plagiarism, which is seen as a crime in the scientific community. Plagiarism is the uncredited use (both intentional and unintentional) of somebody else’s words or ideas. A charge of plagiarism can have severe consequences, including failure of the course or even expulsion from the university. 

Module examinations are usually taken up until the end of the semester as indicated in the curriculum. Depending on the module, an examination can take the form of  

  • a written or oral test,  
  • a presentation or  
  • a term paper. 

The individual examination performance is assessed by the professor, and you get your grades for each module.  

You can see the Joint SUFONAMA grading scale here.   

To be able to evaluate a course, you must register as course participant in StudIP. Shortly before the end of the semester, you will be notified when the teaching evaluations will be activated in StudIP. You have two weeks to evaluate the course after the evaluation is activated. The results of the evaluation are usually discussed between lecturers and students some weeks later. The course evaluation is one of the instruments to assure and improve the quality of teaching at the University of Göttingen. 

Study and examination matters are regulated by the study and examination regulations (“Studien- und Prüfungsordnung”) of each programme and the general examination regulations of the university (“Allgemeine Prüfungsordnung APO”). Please read the regulation for the MSc in Sustainable Forest and Nature Management.  

You can find the regulations for SUFONAMA here.  

In the first weeks of the courses, the professors will usually agree with you about examination dates at the end of the courses. There will only be one exam date for each examination for each course every semester. You can only sit the exam in the exam period. If you have to repeat an exam, you must wait until the exam period of the next semester.  

You must register for and withdraw from examinations in FlexNow. On FlexNow you can also see your academic records and statistics, and generate transcripts (e.g. for job applications, scholarship sponsors). 

You can register for all types of exams up to 7 days before the exam date, and you can de-register for exams up to 24 hours beforehand. We recommend that you register for all upcoming exams in good time during the semester. If you do not want to take individual exams later, you can withdraw by the deregistration deadline. 

You can read all about exams at the Faculty of Forest Sciences and Forest Ecology here.  

To help you settle and provide you with all the necessary information, University of Padua arranges a variety of welcome and orientation events. 

The most important practical information will be provided through online webinars around 4 weeks before the start of classes. All the in-presence events are scheduled after the students’ arrival. 

You can find the programme of the welcome an orientation events here. 

You can access the free Wi-Fi Eduroam network both with your UCPH email (KUmail) and with your Unipd student email. 

You can read about Eduroam here.

Once you are enrolled at Unipd you can access your Unipd student email account ( 

This account gives you access to  

  • your student email, which is based on Gmail and accessible from the Gmail website/app,  
  • all the University student portals: Uniweb, Moodle, etc. 

You will learn more about this shortly before your arrival during our Welcome Days. 

Please note that as a SUFONAMA student you must use this account for communication with student services and professors.  

Your Unipd student card is needed to  

  • identify yourself at exams 
  • borrow books at the library  
  • sometimes to access reserved areas 
  • to obtain discounts for bus passes and in museums and shops. 

You will receive you student ID upon your arrival, on your check-in at the SASSA Accommodation Service if you stay in a dorm, or at the Mobility Unit if you stay in a private apartment or college. 

On the learning portal Moodle, you will find teaching materials, course details and study information. We will tell you how to use it during the Welcome Days. 

You are encouraged to regularly monitor the portal, as well as your student email, to stay updated with news and communications from the University and your professors. 

You can access the Moodle platform of the School of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine here.

On the Forest Science Moodle platform we have also included a course for Double degree student with information on administrative procedures. Here you will find instructions and forms to manage specific practicalities at Unipd, such as 

  • your Learning Agreement  
  • credit transfer 
  • graduation  
  • etc. 

Courses at the University of Padua are based on semesters of 30 ECTS credits. 

You can find the key academic dates here. 

You can find your timetable here. 


Your classes will be held at the Agripolis Campus, the Campus of the School of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine which is located in the town of Legnaro (PD). 

Your Master course is managed by  the TESAF Department. 

You can contact the administrative staff 

  • at the TESAF Department for info on Department/Agripolis facilities and services. 
  • at the Mobility Unit for info on general Unipd facilities and services. 

We’ve compiled a list with useful information on general facilities at Unipd:  

Unipd offers several opportunities to start learning Italian and get to know the Italian language and culture before moving to Padua or during your stay: 

All events/opportunities will be promoted by the Mobility Unit by email when it’s time for registration. 

Upon arrival you will get information about how to create the study plan on the Uniweb student portal.  

The study plan includes all the academic activities needed to receive the degree in Forest Science (a total of 120 ECTS) from Unipd.  

Activities which are not carried out in Padua will be replaced by activities offered by the partner universities according to the credit transfer system.  

The thesis can be based on fieldwork, desk activity in Padua and/or internship with an Associated partner or other organizations. The fieldwork may be combined with an internship at international organizations, NGOs, Universities or similar. 

You can find information about procedures and regulations on the website of the School of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine and specifically for the Forest Science Programme here.

The normal thesis workflow is: 

  • thesis subject is agreed with one of the professors of the Master programme (supervisor), with the assistance of one or more other Co-supervisors. Co-supervisors can be professors working outside the university. You are free to select the supervisor; the selection should be based on supervisor’s scientific background in relation to the thesis topic. The selection of thesis topic and contacts with partners should be defined by the end of the first semester at Unipd.
  • when the thesis is finalized, you must make a formal application with the students’ administrative office to set the date for the thesis discussion for the thesis discussion (domanda di laurea). The application procedure is available in Uniweb and must be presented at least 6 – 8 weeks before the official thesis discussion date. Deadlines for thesis discussion application and days for the discussion are published on the School website;
  • sessions for thesis discussion are scheduled in July, September, October, December, and February. There is one date determined in each session for the Forest Science Master programme. The discussion date in December should be considered as the latest possible date for graduation in the ongoing second year of studies, after that students will be considered “late” (fuori corso) and late graduation will lead to additional fees. The thesis discussion is public and will be in front of the Master thesis Commission composed of 5 professors.

For high quality thesis work, the thesis must be reviewed by an external evaluator and presented to a peer reviewers’ coordinator 3 weeks before the discussion. The peer review of the thesis will be considered by the Master thesis Commission in defining the thesis mark. 

While you are studying at the University of Padua, you will experience different types of teaching.  

Amongst others you should experience: 

  • Lectures  
  • Laboratory activities 
  • Field visits 
  • Theoretical exercises 
  • Classroom discussions 
  • Group work 

You can identify the teaching method for each course at the University of Padua when reading the course description in the course catalogue. 

None of the SUFONAMA partner universities tolerate plagiarism. It is a serious offence as the plagiarist takes credit for work that rightly belongs to someone else. In that sense it can be considered stealing. 

Plagiarism may have serious consequences for your further studies. 

It is important that you always refer in a clear and concise manner to the source you’ve used in your assignments. You can always reach out to your teacher or Head of Studies if you are unsure about how to cite sources correctly. 

During your year at the University of Padua, your courses will be graded with the Italian grading scale.  

Here is a further explanation of the grading scale and assessment of exams at University of Padua:  

You can find the grading distribution for all courses held at the School of Agriculture in the academic year 2023/24. 

At the University of Padua, you can evaluate the quality of the courses you’ve taken after the end of each course and before taking the exam. You will have access to the evaluation form before registering for the exam. 

Evaluating courses is a good way for you to let the course coordinator know about the quality of the course. All evaluations are anonymous.

At Unipd, courses may be assessed in a variety of ways depending on the form of teaching. The main methods of assessment are  

  • written and oral examinations  
  • tests during modules 
  • written practical reports 
  • reports or essays 
  • oral presentations  
  • fieldwork  

You can find the forms of assessment for each course at the University of Padua in the course catalogue. 

During the week before the start of the autumn semester, an Orientation Programme is organised for all new international students coming to SLU. The programme is partly online and partly on campus.  

We encourage you to take part in the Orientation Programme as you will be given important information and also get to meet key people to contact for different purposes as well as meet the other students.  

You can find information directed to new students, as well as the schedule for the Orientation programme, here.  

You can find the checklist for exchange students here. 

A semester at SLU lasts for 20 weeks.  

The autumn semester begins on the Monday which falls between 28 August and 3 September.  

The spring semester begins on the first Monday after the end of the autumn semester.  

The autumn and spring semester are both divided into two periods of 15 credits each.  

A master thesis course runs over one full semester.  

You can find the Academic Calendar and other important dates here.  

SLU’s Alnarp campus is situated in a large park by the sea, west of Lund, north of Malmö and east of Copenhagen. This prime location makes Alnarp a gateway to the rest of Europe.  

Here, students can take part in the many academic, social and sporting activities relax in the countryside and enjoy the metropolitan nightlife. 

Surrounded by a 40-hectare park with lush green lawns and winding pathways, Alnarp campus is remarkably picturesque. It boasts the largest arboretum in Sweden, with 2 600 varieties of trees and shrubs. 

You can see a short film of the campus here. 

The thesis at SLU consists of a 30 credits course, and the specific requirements can be found in the syllabus for that specific course.  

You will receive information about which specific thesis course that applies to you when you are starting the application process to the year at SLU.  

You can find guidelines for degree projects (the master’s thesis) at SLU here. 

Studying in Sweden involves critical thinking, freedom and responsibility. Gender equality and equal opportunities are very important.  

You can read more about studying in Sweden and at SLU here.  

SLU actively works to combat cheating and plagiarism. SLU can take disciplinary action against those who cheat or who disrupt or obstruct activities at SLU or who subject another student or member of staff to harassment.   

You can read about cheating and plagiarism at SLU here.  

SLU students are graded on a four-point grading scale:  


Grade description 


Pass with special distinction 


Pass with credit 





If a decision has been made to except a certain exam, course or programme from this regime, a two-point grading scale will apply instead:  


Grade description 





Every student has the right to make a course evaluation for each course they have attended. This is an important opportunity for you to influence your education and is part of SLU’s quality assurance procedures.  

You can read about course evaluations at SLU here.  

Examination means that an examiner assesses your performance and awards a grade for a course you have completed. The form of assessment is indicated in the course syllabus for each course.   

You can read about examination and regulations at SLU here.  


After Completing Your Studies

Issuing of Diploma

As SUFONAMA is a double degree, you will get a diploma from

  • University of Copenhagen
  • your second-year university.

The process of issuing the diploma varies from partner university to partner university. However, before each university can issue your diploma, you need to ensure that 120 ECTS credit is recorded at each university.

By now you should already have applied for a credit transfer from UCPH to your second-year university. If you have done this, you will now have 120 ECTS recorded with your second-year university. If you haven’t done this, please see this section for instructions.

Now you must ensure that the 60 ECTS credits from your second-year university are transferred to UCPH, so you’ll also have 120 ECTS recorded with UCPH as well. For that you need a certified transcript of records from your second-year university.

In this section you can see how to get your transcript of records from the SUFONAMA partner you attended on your second year of studies.

To obtain a certified transcript of records, please request it from the student administration at  


At University of Göttingen a transcript of records is called a certificate of achievement. 

When you have successfully completed all second-year courses and your Master's thesis in Göttingen, please inform us by email (  

We will then provide you with a signed and stamped certificate of achievement, which you can use to apply for a credit transfer at University of Copenhagen. The courses from the first year in Copenhagen are listed as “passed” in our certificate of achievement. The grades are not transferred and are not included in the calculation of the final grade. The courses from Göttingen are listed with a grade.  

At Unipd, the name of the transcript of records is “graduation certificate with transcript of records”, as this is the final certificate.   

You must check your online booklet on Uniweb one or two days after your thesis discussion and verify if the Final examination grade has been registered. Once it has been registered, you can request your certificate. 

To get the correct certificate, you must request the ‘Digital certificate for abroad’. Due to national regulations, you must pay a small tax of 16 Euros, but you will be reimbursed when you contact the TESAF Department. 

You can find instructions for how to request the certificate here.

You must order a transcript of records from SLU to get a certified transcript of records.  

You order your transcript of records from SLU by filling out this form.  

Once you have a certified transcript from your second-year university, you must apply for a credit transfer of the remaining 60 ECTS to UCPH.

All credits will be transferred as pass/fail to your UCPH transcript.

You apply for a credit transfer on UCPH Study Information.

You diploma from UCPH will be issued no later than 8 weeks after you’ve applied for a credits transfer of the 60 ECTS from your second-year university to UCPH.

You can read about the UCPH diploma on UCPH Study Information.

The award of the degree is made after successful completion of the dissertation (master’s thesis) and grade confirmation at the examination board in October.  

The awards team issue the certificate/transcripts of your studies at Bangor and instructions are sent by the awards team.  

You must complete a ‘final award check’ before your results can be issued.  

The final award check can be found on the student portal myBangor or you can find it here.

Both transcripts of records from Copenhagen and Göttingen will be forwarded to the Examination Office to request the issuing of your diploma. You must make sure that your personal details (name, date of birth, place of birth, postal address) are up to date in eCampus, as these will be used to issue your diploma. The Examination Office needs up to 4 weeks to issue your diploma. If you need your diploma earlier, (e.g. for further applications), please contact the Examination Office in good time. 

The graduation ceremony follows immediately after the Master thesis discussion. You will be handed your diploma directly by the Commission of the Master thesis discussion.  

You can read about Master’s diploma collection here.

To be awarded a degree, you need to apply for your diploma once you have completed your studies at SLU (and transferred your credits from the first year of the SUFONAMA program).  

All degree certificates issued by SLU are electronic.  

You can read about how to apply for your degree from SLU here.  


The title awarded for the SUFONAMA double degree depends on which universities you’ve attended through the programme.

In the table below, you can see which title is awarded from each university.

A student alumni association for all Erasmus Mundus students has been established by the European Commission: The EMA. Here you can find more information on, e.g.: Erasmus Mundus, the student alumni association, and networking.  

SUFONAMA will establish a SUFONAMA alumni close before the 2024-cohort graduates in 2026.